St. John the Evangelist Anglican Cemetery
Notre-Dame-de-Portneuf (Portneuf Station)
This community was first settled by English speaking people who were drawn to the paper mill located on the Portneuf River. People came first from the local rural areas to find work at the mill. A small Anglican Church, St. John the Evangelist, built in 1884, is located in the town and the cemetery is located on the other side of the new highway, on a hill overlooking the town and the St. Lawrence River. The municipal territory consists of 2 non-contiguous areas, separated by the municipality of Sainte-Christine- d'Auvergne. The smaller northern portion is undeveloped, whereas the southern piece is the main inhabited part with the population centres of Portneuf (south of Autoroute 40), and the adjacent Notre-Dame-de-Portneuf, north of A-40. The present-day municipality was created in 2002, when the old city of Portneuf merged with the town of Notre-Dame-de-Portneuf.
NO CEMETERY TRANSCRIPTIONS COMPLETED. SUBMISSIONS WELCOMED.