St. James Episcopal Anglican Church
Lac Beauport, Quebec
By D. Clark McIntosh
The first church (1840) was in a converted house. The current nio-Gothic wood chapel was was built on the new site in 1890 and consecrated on May 21 1891. It is surrounded by a maple grove; its stained glass windows are particularly beautiful. The Protestant cemetery is located on the road to Ste-Brigitt-de-Laval, located on the right side of a winding narrow rural road. It dates of the very first period of settlement.